Thread: Dr. Brown UCSD
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdupshoulders View Post
The post above illustrates the fact that Dr. Brown only does scalenectomies and if he discovers that a rib resection is necessary, he won't do it. He has good reason to do only scalenes, as removing a rib is a much more involved procedure and can lead to many more complications, but often you need both. I wouldn't go with him unless I was positive that I only needed a scalenectomy, and I'm not sure how you could be so sure about that.

Besides that, he was definitely the most thorough and informative surgeon that I have seen for this condition out of my 4 consults in my surgeon-hunt so far. He spent about an hour with me doing tons of different tests on me and spent a very long time staring at my images. Also, his assistant has a very sexy South African accent.

Unless my MRI next week with Dr. Collins explicitly demonstrates that my scalenes are completely and solely causing the problem, I won't have my surgery with Brown. I want my surgeon to go into my body able to perform any TOS procedure that is necessary, and not wake me up afterward with news of needing another surgery for such a routine TOS procedure.

Yes that was my conclusion too when I was looking into surgery. Did you see Dr. Gelabart? Let us know how your Collins mri goes and what it shows. I am considering doing this at some point too if my insurance covers it.
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote