View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Self-treating hyperacusis

Since my concussion, I've been dealing on-and-off with noise sensitivity. Some days are fine, but other days, certain noises will make my ear drum kinda 'spaz' out, like every hair inside my ear is standing on edge. It is very jarring!

I know that TRT (tinnitus retraining therapy) with pink noise is one way to treat and help manage this. Has anyone tried this? Any success? I do not really have access to an audiologist here in China who could do this, so if I decided to pursue this it would have to be self-administered.

I know it is more complex than sticking on some headphones and listening to the noise - I need to carefully find the correct volume levels and then adjust with time. Is this something I can do myself? Or should I wait until I return home and visit a doctor?

Symptoms: Congested/plugged ears (along with post naasal-drip and drainage down back of throat), increased tinnitus, sound sensitivity, minor imbalance, difficulty concentrating, difficulty reading and focusing on words and moving objects.
CountNomula is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote