View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Do I have essential tremors?

Hi,

I am a 20 year old male. I have noticed my hands shake since at least 5 years ago. I don't have any anxiety problems, and the shaking can be recreated any time. It gets worse after working out at the gym, but I think that's normal.

I first noticed it when I was bringing a spoon to my mouth. I noticed that the lifting was very twitchy. I had dismissed it at the time and since then, I have gotten used to it. The shaking happens when I move a part of my body, but only if I move it deliberately, slowly, and as relaxed as possible. The motion will be jerky and not smooth. It also happens when a muscle is contracted slightly. For example, while sitting in a chair with my feet flat on the ground, if raise my heel a bit and try to keep it still, my leg will shake.

I am worried that I might have, or will develop, a neurological problem. I live in a small town where it is very hard to find a specialized doctor, and If I do, it will probably take forever before being able to set up an appointment. Is my problem worth seeing a doctor?
RednBlack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote