View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm finding that I can increase the dose every few days, so I am now up to 2mg B12. I'm on 200mcg Metafolin: does anyone know if I'm likely to have to increase that? Because it's a nuisance cutting the 800mcg tablets into four, and I'm eyeing up the 400mcg tablets.

One curious effect I'm noticing is that I seem to be retaining water. I never retain water. I deliberately lost a quarter of my body weight the other year, and I was the only one on the dieting forum not grumbling about how the scale bobbed up whenever they ate something particularly salty or were premenstrual. (Which was particularly odd since I get premenstrual breast swelling, yet my weight continued to saunter downwards. I concluded that they were inflating with air.) Now, however, I am retaining water in quite a noticeable way. I know that people with POTS start to retain more water when they are put on Florinef, so I'm wondering if I'm getting a similar effect from the B12. Does anyone know more about how this works?

It's hard to tell how I'm doing on the B12, since we're having something of a crisis in my block of flats and it's been quite exhausting. You know you're having a bad day when you reflect, "Well, the good news is that the smell in the basement wasn't a dead body after all." Either I'm still running on adrenaline and due for an almighty crash, or I'm coping with the stress and exertion remarkably well.
Batik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote