View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I've had similar things happen with my vision. It's not all the time though. It comes and goes. I don't know the reason for it. Recently, the reading of words as you described got really bad as well as my eye jerking back and forth. By the time I got in to the neuro-ophthalmologist, it had settled down and I had a normal exam. Go figure.

I've also had a couple occular migraines but they only lasted for 20 minutes max. My first one scared the carp out of me but one I realized what it was it made it more tolerable. Zig zag lines in your vision are classic symptoms. My first one was black and white zig zag lines. My second one was wave colorful lines. But again, mine didn't last that long.

Hopefully the MRI will help in a diagnosis of what is going on with your vision as well as seeing the neuro-ophthalmologist. In the meantime, try to best to keep relaxed. Anxiety can increase some symptoms, which creates more anxiety, which makes the symptoms worse and a whole cycle begins. Find something that you can focus on, not necessarily visually, but a thought - kind of like taking a mini mental vacation. It really does help pull things back in to perspective.

Let us know how things go with your testing and such. Hang in there.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-27-2013), SallyC (04-27-2013)