Thread: Rsd?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Rsd?

Hi,
I'm new here, I joined in hopes of getting some opinions. I don't know yet if I have RSD or not. I have a follow-up scheduled for My 9th. Think I'm going to try and make an appointment on Monday.
So anyway this is my situation.....
On March 7th I crushed and broke my Ulna along with breaking my Radius. The Doctor Casted it instead of doing surgery. The 6 weeks that I had a splint(3 weeks) and cast(3 weeks) I had tingling/prickly feelings in my arm and hand along with my hand feeling cold on the inside. I also had major swelling. They changed the cast thinking it was too tight. But the swelling never went down. Well now that the cast is off(4/19) I still have major swelling, purple blotchy, warm and at times a pale looking hand. Along with pain and a weird sensation in my hand that comes and goes. When I take a deep breath I get the same sensation that runs down my arm through my hand. I switched my Doctors right before I had the cast removed because I just didn't like him. I love my new Doctor he did my carpal tunnel surgery a few years back. He can't believe they didn't do surgery. I've been going for PT for 4 weeks, 3 times a week. Not making good progress. She even saw my purple hand and said it could be my sympathetic nerves which I can't control.
ANYONE HAVE ANY INPUT? PLEASE!!!!!!!!
babyblues3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote