View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msudawg89 View Post
What do you think of this doctor and his theory on treating TOS?
I did talk to him. It was kinda one sided. I want to believe to get better but I am just not sure. I guess I will find out. I am going to speak to him again after he reviews some of my records. Thanks for posting the link again. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
This sounds really fishy to me. If you go the non-surgical route, you're looking at months upon months (or even years upon years) to get anywhere close to "pain free." As I understand. "pain-free" just doesn't happen. No doctor is going to work with you and only you for that amount of time.

Any doctor that 100% rules out surgery for TOS has his own interests in mind. He's trying to sell hope to people with TOS that don't want the grizzly surgery that comes along with it if they have a vascular form of TOS or neurogenic TOS that isn't responding to PT or other treatments. That's ridiculous. Not surgically treating vascular forms of TOS is a dangerous thing.

I'd run from this doctor and find one that has more moderate views on the matter. Any doctor that rules out a treatment entirely under all circumstances is a crock.
LiveLoveandTrust is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
starfish43 (04-30-2013)