View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New member asking for advice

Hi I have been reading your posts for a long time and finally feel its time I asked for advice. Here is my story:

March 2012 Anterior Cervical Decompression Fusion C6. No trauma just suffered with neck pain for years and the disc popped out and unfortunately slipped down my spine resulting in some damage to my right arm.

Surgery went well but after surgery I started to experience pins and needles in hands and sometimes feet when waking and just noticed tingling, numbness, hyper sensitivity at other times.

In September started taking lyrica as my right leg was painful and pain in foot was at times overwhelming. In jan of this year was unable to bend right knee as excruciating and also noted frozen toes with burning in right leg at night. Pain doc also prescribed topirimate with lyrica as I could not increase lyrica as it makes me lack concentration. Now taking co-co Damal four times a day. Feb starting to have problems walking. Legs very stiff and run out of power after 10 mins.

Was diagnosed anaemic in sept 2012 taking 210 3x daily ferrous furmarate.

March was referred to neurologist who requested MRI as I have some degeneration in cervical spine and wanted to check if there was any change. Results came back two weeks ago which showed no change and just confirmed damage to nerve for right arm. Neuro now requested blood tests and Emg - I think.

I got took into A&E this week as pain got out of control as I did some garden and it was agony in my leg. They took me inas I think they were worried I may have popped a disc. Anyway full MRI completed and all good. Neuro saw me agreed it was a neuro problem, no power in right leg, loss of sensation etc and agreed I should see my consultant and gave me morphine to take home.

So the pain continues and it feels the burning and numbness is spreading into my bum, now becoming very difficult to sit, got a fire burning in there and walking is almost a shuffle. I'm just starting to feel very frightened. After reading the threads on here, it's heart warming and reassuringly not alone and would appreciate any advice as I am frightened.
Sarah Oruc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote