View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Trigeminal Neuralgia and MVD

First pang of pain felt somewhere late in 2005 and it was confusing and unusual. I first thought it was a sensitive tooth and left it at that. It started becoming annoying and really painful and thats when I mentioned it to my dentist. After several visits to the dentists, endodontists, root canal and different cavity fillings, it was recommended that I consult a neurologist to see if this was one of those nerve problems. If you are anyone like me, this was one those things that you hear and say, "not me, I am normal". Well guess what, the pain started getting worse and off I went to a neurologist, in this surreal, this is not happening to me attitude. I guess the point of my story is that this can happen to anybody out of the blue and its always gonna feel as unreal as possible. Adjusting to the fact that yes I had a nerve problem was tough but I finally got over it. One year after seeing the neurologists, trying a combination of meds, suffering through some of the worst painful moments of my life, I finally had the MVD surgery done this past Friday 5/4/07. I was looking for other members who had done this before and was looking for some advice when I came across a posting by Ella128 and now I am going to share my post surgical experience with the group, incase someone else like me is looking in the future.
hburhani is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote