View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemarie23 View Post
Hey does anyone have any input or advice on the use of medical marijuana for unmanageable RSD/CRPS or other chronic pain complexes not helped by all else??
Does anyone know if its helpful or their experience?
I know in a few states including california, its legal to smoke pot if the patient's doctor feels its necessary and writes a special medical marijuana prescription.

*admin edit*

-Jamie
These are the drugs I have tried. Percocet, Ultram, Opanna, Dilaudid, Oxycodone, Savella, Morphine, Lyrica, Neurontin, Doxepin, Nortripyline (plus more that I can't remember). Not one or combination of them took my pain away at all. They did take my brain away, foggy, stuttering when trying to form a sentence let alone think of a simple word, could not function, made me more depressed plus the thoughts of what damage they were doing to my body. I researched medical marijuana and decided to give it a try. First I tried smoking then bought a vaporizer (takes toxins out, less harmful than smoking, doesn't make my bedroom smell ( 2-3 puffs before going to bed). Then I tried the butter, I made a batch of brownies. Takes about 20 min to kick in but who cares. On days when pain was so bad I would have a piece of toast with a smear of the butter. I've tried lots of other products (edibles). The one that has saved my life is called the Bhang bar. It is a chocolate bar that comes in different flavors. I break off a piece (1 inch) and about 20 min later I start to feel so much better. It totally takes away my stress that causes anexiety that makes me feel like Im gonna explode, then my heart starts racing, plus the depression. For me its lasts about 3-4 hours. Im a different person (almost normal except for the RSD pain) my pain is still there but its like "I don't care" and not in a "stoner" kind of way, more of a I am at peace with myself kind of way. I can do chores singing, tell jokes, make people laugh, I tell my husband it makes me feel fluffy. A sense of well being, calmness and peace goes thru my body. It helps me make it thru another day. I hated having to take prescription drugs every 4 hrs 3 times a day. With the chocolate I take it only when I need to. I am in control. With any substance it is trial and error. I have finally found the ONLY drug that helps me deal with this horrible life. Everything with me is, I want to be in control, I have to know what is going into my body and what it is doing to me, I hate taking pills period except my vitamins. 2 or 3 puffs right before going to bed helps me with the pain of my legs/feet touching the sheets or bed. It has helped me with the "electrical shocks" I used to have them so many times a day or worse at night. I only have maybe 3 or 4 per day. The marijuana helps calm me, makes me a happier person, takes my stress away which helps me live another day with this HORRIBLE beast. I still take 2 Norco in the morning (they give me energy, not make me sleepy or take the pain away) then at night I take 1 Trazodone. I've tried many sleeping aids but a pharmacist told me this was less scary to be on for long periods of time. God knows I have tried to NOT take a sleeping pill. I had to face it, I can't sleep without help the pain is like someone injected my legs/feet with HOT thick gel lined with shards of glass. I still freak out and cry everyday. But for me the medical marijuana has saved my life.
omg, I could have just said "Yes I eat a chocolate marijuana bar" lol
Good luck and try to bring happiness back into your life, it will help your pain.
shelbie4u is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (05-31-2014), DougLo (07-06-2014), eevo61 (05-31-2014), reluctant@thetable (05-04-2013), SamCRPS (05-05-2015), Seaglass1972 (04-08-2016), spiritscript (04-17-2015)