View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medstudent99 View Post
I am a med-student who has been suffering from 24/7 bilateral eye pain and frontal head pain for over 3 years. This constant, dull, soreness and sensation of pressure has become totally disabling and I've had to completely withdraw from school and almost all other activities. I have literally seen over 100 doctors all over the United States including Ophthalmologists, Neuro-Ophthalmologists, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, NeuroRadiologists, and Cardiologists. I have taken a myriad of different prescription medications for the pain, but they only provide short-term 30% relief of the pain at best. I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, but I have had shunt surgery to relieve the high CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) pressure. The pressure is normal, and the question is why am I still in pain?

I'm looking for ANY information that would lead to the resolution of the pain I experience. I've been blessed with a loving family that supports me and cares deeply for me. *edit*
here is a link to a website my father and I constructed which has my full medical history

*edit*

Despite the burden of constant pain, I will never stop fighting and searching for an answer

God Bless,
medstudent99
Hi I was diagnosed with IIH 4 years ago. I had a vp shunt inserted and have had this revised many many times! My last icp reading in march this year was normal, however my headaches have been chronic and daily for the past year! My neuro surgeons referred me to a neurologist who has given me 39 injections of Botox. This was only done 2 weeks ago but so far there is some improvement, its now more like a background headache, although us still bad when I lie down or bend over. I've been told the second course in 12 weeks should work even better! IIH sufferers often end up with chronic migraine as well as the intracranial hypertension. I am very hopeful for the Botox to work, I'm glad it's been approved on the NHS in the uk x hope you're feeling better and that you get some relief x
Squidge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote