View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nuerofeedback

I was reading some of the posts on here. I am so sorry that neurofeedback didn't work for some of you. As for me, it was a huge blessing and life changer for me. I was in a car accident and suffered a brain injury. It was a very difficult time as I was trying to function as a "new" person.
Among other things, I suffered from migraines almost everyday, I no longer could be in crowded areas, I became agitated very easily, and I wasn't able to make decisions on my own without a huge anxiety attack. After seeing many doctors with no avail, I started taking more of a natural approach.
I was on high doses of Omega 3's and as long as a was very diligent in taking them, along with a couple other natural supplements I was able to function much better. However, if I missed 1 day, I was a mess and it took me a few days to "stabilize" and feel "normal" again.

I was introduced to EEG about 4 years ago. It took me about 5 months before I was able to do a full session because my brain had been so overworked and sensitive that I could not handle the protocols. We listened to my body and took babysteps starting out with just 5 minutes. We also stopped working on the cognitive side of the brain and focused on the subconscious part of the brain first.

I was only able to handle 5 minutes of that as well. I experienced a lot of the symptoms that have been mentioned on the board also, but they slowly subsided, which I believe was because my brain was becoming "healthier" and creating new pathways. I did a year of vigorous neurofeedback and I can now do simple tasks with no anxiety, I can be in a crowd for a limit time without having a panic attack, and I am on a normal dose of omega 3's for health purposes and not so that I can function and get through the day. It was a lot of hard work and time, but I have my life back for the first time since 2000. The BEST investment I made.
sariah.crandall@gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote