View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTTF View Post
This got out of hand.

It was Stevem53 that originally said that about jumping out of his skin.
Mike,
But I really did like the way it seemed, as a Twilight Zone episode, as so much of having Parkinson's is like living in another dimension that other people can't see; and we really do look back and say, "Who have I become?"

Back to current reality! (if there is any such thing as current reality) you and Stevem53 are telling it like it is - I have the same thing: NO position is comfortable; NO part of the body will remain calm; it is like being electrocuted; it is like being tortured; it is like you are jumping out of your skin; it is like you WANT to jump out of your skin; out of your body; out of this crazed pain; and you try every trick in the book to make it go away; and then it does go away; only to return again and again. Doctors do not even seem to be familiar with this; it is a valuable contribution to find ways to describe everything we go through; and on this item, you and Steve say it best:

What does it feel like?

It feels like i am jumping out of my skin

It feels like I can't live in this skin any more

It feels like I can't take it any more.

But we do take it. And it goes away. And it comes back.

And people say well you are lucky you don't have something serious, and you realize that once again, you are in the Twilight Zone, another level of Alice in Wonderland. What the doormouse said.
Thank you Mike and Steve, for blowing the fog horn in the fog.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote