View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to RSD & Fibromyalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Di View Post
Hi Colin,
I'm so sorry for your suffering with this CRPS! I feel so upset for you at how far it spread! It can be hard for others to understand the range of pains with this. At least you will get good support and advice here. Glad you found this site
I too have CRPS in my left hand and arm after broken wrist and surgery in December '12. I started having terrible "complications" within 2 weeks and luckily my Physical therapist knew what it was and reported it to my Doc about a week later.
In addition to the RX meds. I heard Vitamin C helps prevent spread so I started at least 500 mg. a day, Magnesium 500 mg. (helps inflamation and constipation from opiates) and vitamin D3. Most of all DO NOT PUT ICE OR COLD on CRPS limb, you probably already know that.
How many nerve blocks have you had? Have they helped and how long do they last? I've had 5 with various results.
Keep us posted, good people here.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and RSD, my pain is constant. I am seeing a pain management doctor as well as an orthopedic and neurologist. I got hurt on my job in 2009 and has had multiple surgeries on my knees. Resulting in a total knee replacement on one side with possibilities on the same on the other side. After surgery did I develop the RSD. I am on pain meds but that doesn't work very well along with my other meds for the condition. Can anyone give me some advise on what really works for these conditions?
marybrown5057@yahoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote