View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mucuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
what brand of mucuna do you use, what is the dosage and how much carbidopa do you take per day if i may ask?
Hello! I hope your wellness level is high today. I used (no longer) Solaray, DopaBean, Mucuna Pruriens and as suggested above I took it with very low doses of Sine CR just for the Carbidopa effect. I never received a carbidopa only script just an idea. I slowly reduced sinemet from 25/100 every 3 hours 24-7 to CR 25/100 BID-2 times a day, to nothing not even mucuna. I felt like I was going to die and believe that I was "walloring" for many months and skating the edge of NMS. I really crawled out of my skin while quitting....just like the off periods but no relief. Now.....I still have tremor, rigidity, and dyskinesia when stressed and a lot of the other PD goodies leading into Stage 3, but I can make love to my wife again (the usual way heheheheh), taste my food instead of car exhaust, pee correctly, not so fatigued, no walloring and no on off, none of the classic heroin addiction symptoms any longer.. I follow a mitochondrial diet and suggest winter cherry or Aswaghanda (same thing) to ease your offs and or anxiety. My progression has slowed dramatically in the past 5 months hopefully because of what im doing but who knows? At the very least Mucuna can replace some of your sinemet doses ( I believe were mostly overdosed) and thereby extend the period of time you have before the big DBS (which I will not do). I don't intend to make anyone angry on this site ( I lurked for a year) but feel that someone doing PD without meds is sufficiently rare that I should put myself up for comparison good bad or indifferent. The greater percentage of complaints across several Neuro type sites seems to be med related and actual PD complaints are taking a back seat.

.Peace, may your Wellness level remain high......
BP with PD since 2003, no meds so I may die naturally......
backpacker11500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote