View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New; here is my story

Found this site by chance, here is my background maybe someone can help.

I'm a 33 year old male who has had several concussions in my life, two of which I would consider major (unconscious, vomiting, tunnel vision, urge to sleep); the last of which came in 2005.

Since my last concussion I have had to limit myself somewhat. Anything that spun around (ie Teacups at Disney or rides at the fair) would leave me in a daze and dizzy for a few days. Slight bumps to the head (say from wrestling around with my children) would leave me in a similar state for possibly up to a week.

This was manageable for the most part, however in the past few months symptoms have gotten worse, and become more random. I now suffer through dizzy spells throughout the day, and can't lay down or stand up without severe moments of dizziness for about 5-10 seconds. These spells can also strike at random (I think I've got vertigo now). If I spend too much time on a computer or typing on an I-Phone the dizziness gets worse, and lasts longer. This has manifested itself in headaches (mild to moderate) that come and go with the dizziness, and some troubles sleeping.
I also have had a ringing sound in my ear, nothing constant but rather several times a day and noticeable.

My wife has been on my case to see a doctor, but I doubt my insurance would cover anything like this. So I was wondering if anyone here has an idea.
dsingh10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote