View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I use many of the skills Mark describes in his post. With the computer, I am quite proficient and just work on getting my thoughts out, then I clean them up to try to make them make sense to others.

If I have to use pen and paper, everything is a mess. I find the actual skill of using a pen and paper difficult, handwriting or printing is hard and taxing on my brain, especially when combined with figuring out what I want to say and getting it in the right order before I try to write it. Then, most of the time I forget before I get the first word down correctly. That's a real exercise in frustration and generally ends in tears.

But typing, editing, correcting, its all very forgiving, especially if you can take your time.

At Mark's suggestion, I've started taking all phone msg's and notes down on my laptop also. That's made my life quite a bit better and the information more accurate.

I'm a gmail user, so I just type into a blank email, then if the info is at all important, I send it to myself and I have a permanent copy in my email records (you never have to delete anything from gmail!) and I can access it from my laptop or iPhone.

Its saved me a couple times now when I've left the house without the address or directions to appointments because of my poor memory. The only thing I have to remember is to check and see if the missing info is in my email. (And just hope that I did indeed put it there originally!!)

I understand your struggles... especially with numbers... they mess me up every time I have to interact with them... so frustrating and often embarrassing.

Hang in there.
Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MsRriO (04-30-2013)