View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default So things haven't been going so great...

So things haven't been going so great... I am now a divorced, 44 year old woman, living with her parents, got fired from my job on April 5th and my MS has been really acting up. I have gone from walking pretty good, to needing to use a cane most days and also had to get a mini scooter for the days I do not have the energy to do anything. I went in to see my Neurologist last week because of spasticity in my legs and hands. I am now taking Baclofen, Provigil and my Dr. in considering Ampyra. I have an MRI on Wednesday morning to see if I am in a flare or if my symptoms are because of degeneration. I have never been so depressed in my life. I feel helpless in looking for a job, because I don't even know what I can physically do anymore? My insurance is cut off on April 30th unless I pay $674 a month for cobra...which I have to do, but I have not received any unemployment benefits yet so I don't even know if I will get enough to pay for my current bills. I feel like I am stuck in a hole and not sure if I can climb out...this is all just a bit too much for me to deal with, especially now that I am alone. I have been 'dating' someone for some time now, however his drinking is taking over and I know that I cannot continue on with him...but I am so lonely that I find myself running to him even though I know its not good for me.

I just needed to vent...I'm feeling sorry for myself and don't know where to turn.

Amy

DO WHAT makes you happy, Be with WHO makes you smile, Laugh as much as you breathe & LOVE as LONG as you LIVE

July 2006- First significant SXs, suspect it started back in mid 1990's
1/21/09 - Positive MS Dx
2/17/09 - 2nd Positive MS Dx
4/2/09 - MS Dx 3rd Neuro - finally found the Dr. who has the characteristics I was looking for

10/8/09-optic neuritis flair, Cog Fog, chronic headaches
5/4/09 - 12/15/09 Copaxone
1/15/2010 - First Tysabri Infusion - 3/25/16 - Last Tysabri Infusion
3/3/16 - signed the documents to start the Lemtrada journey
4/25/16. Lemtrada begins.
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-29-2013), Debbie D (05-01-2013), jprinz99 (05-01-2013), Judy2 (05-01-2013), tkrik (04-29-2013)