View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sundaybest,

The awareness that you feel could be inflammation or something else. I really could not speculate as to what it might be. If you are concerned about about it then it would be wise to see your oral surgeon.

Sorry I couldn't be of help to you with this..
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaybest View Post
Hi Bryanna, I went back to my surgeon's about a week after my surgery and he said everything looked good. Two weeks later I went back and when he looked in my mouth he found that it looked like I had gotten an infection (again!).

He quickly removed the screw and flushed out the infection and told me that it was just the screw that had gotten infected and also that the screw may have been irritating the tissue, but that the graft looked good still and that everything should be alright. I am now taking antibiotics four times a day. It's been about three days since the screw was removed and I'm having a bit of a strange sensation where it was removed from.
It's not exactly pain or discomfort, but just an odd sensation that I notice. It's hard to explain. The best way I can describe it is just that I feel it (it's not a feeling of the stitch that was put in rubbing against my mouth or something like that). Anyways, I'm paranoid that something is going wrong again, as I clearly haven't had any good luck thus far. Any advice? Thanks!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote