View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges View Post
Dr. Tarlov first identified these cysts during his research in the 1930's. Thus, they are frequently referred to as Tarlov cysts. There was a common belief for years that perineural cysts do not cause symptoms. Despite considerable research and evidence to the contrary, medical providors usually referred to them as "incidental" or "asymptomatic". Several doctors have attempted to treat these cysts by aspirating the cysts and injecting fibrin glue into the space. Unfortunately, this procedure was not effective for most patients. The technique developed by Dr. Frank Feigenbaum and his team at the Reasearch Medical Center in Kansas City has resulted in eliminating the pain and symptoms for hundreds of patients form around the world.
I refused to accept the diagnosis of "total permanent disability" from my work accident in March of 2006. I pursued treatment across the US, and on November 30 of 2010 Dr. Feigenbaum restored my life.

Hi my name is Amanda and I have perineural cysts! I think I need to learn your medical lingo too...
On top of this issue I also have Interstitial Cystitis a bladder disease where I am missing the GAG Layer, or the protective lining. It is an autoimmune, chronic pain disorder and has caused Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. I also have Fibromyalgia, and migraines.

My Concern is that I am having my cysts aspirated tomorrow-- April 30th, there are 8 of them from C3 to T2. And the edema in my arms most morning is to the point that my husband has to pick me out of bed, and they go numb on and off throughout the day. My neck muscles get so tight and start spasming so bad out of no where when I presume that these cysts get irritated??All I know is that I do not like them and I want these little suckers gone.

ademasters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote