View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You may be experiencing anxiety or spasticity. Medication for depression/anxiety was a real eye opener for me. For the first time in my life I felt like the "small stuff" finally just rolled off my back. I fought taking the stuff for years but I'm really glad I tried it. Currently I take Celexa which treats depression, OCD, anxiety etc. Plus I dropped 12 lbs on it!

Spasticity is stiff muscles which can be relieved by baclofen or simular drugs. I get it bad in my neck and shoulders. I also go into bouts of twisted fingers and toes. Cold air makes it worse. Sometimes even the muscles in my jaw go tight and feels like TMJ.

Look into getting a stretching DVD and try the exercises. Jane Fonda makes a good one for "older folks" which works well when you have a health issue. You have to focus on stretching and not so much "exercising". When I tense my muscles (like in a sit up) my muscles go right into a cramp!

MS and your symptoms will be a learning process. Hang in there

If you obsess about things that may happen and they don't come true...then you've wasted your time. If it does come true....then you've lived it twice.
karilann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KittyLady (05-02-2013), SallyC (04-30-2013)