View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update

Hi All,

I had some good news re: my breast cancer yesterday. The medicine I am taking seems to be shrinking the tumor which means it is likely that the bone metasesis are probably receding too. I wont know for sure until I get another mri in 2 weeks, but it was quite a releif. the dr. couldnt even see it to measure it whereas 6 weeks ago it was big and easy to measure. I will be going back to the surgeon after the mri to see if/when I will need surgery. Lots of waiting which is the hardest part. So much support out there though.I found a place which offers free exercise classes and therapy for cancer patients.

If only the TOS was so easy to resolve. Mostly I have just been having muscle pain on both sides.it seems like it is in a different place every day. I only get nerve flare -ups now if I overstretch, get pt, massage or injections.It is usually gone by the next day. I got a new Cervical and Thoracic MRI to make sure there were no tumors pressing on nerves and there are not. It does show severe foraminal narrowing and some facet block hypertrophy (see below) .I saw Dr. Jordan again (before I got the mri) and now he is recomending the facet block injection and radiofrequency, but last time I saw him he recomended the intraforaminal epidural injection with pulsed radiofrequency.so i am confused about which one to do. I guess the FB one targets tiny nerves that originate in the Facet Joints and the epidural targets the large nerve coming from C5-6.the FB one is much less risky, but Dr. Jordan is one of the best to do the intraforaminal. I made another appt to see him this Thursday to go over these results before I decide which one to do-but I am definately going to try one -finally to rule out these as contributers once and for all. I feel i have nothing to lose right now-

I am also determined to find a way to strengthen without flare-ups. On my list to try: Egoscue , a good personal trainer (friend) ,massage therapist who does gentle lymphatic massage. New Physical therapy closer to home with emphasis on pilates or gentle strenghtening.I have 3 or 4 on my list. Still driving to see Dr. Ando once a month,but I got a bad flare up last time. I just have to find the time between all the other dr. appts. Want to go back to part time work soon too-now that I know the BC medicine is working I may be able to concentrate better.

From the report:
C-Spine-
"C5-C6: Mild posterior disc osteophyte complex, which partially effaces the ventral CSF space. Uncovertebral hypertrophy. No spinal canal stenosis. Severe right neural foraminal narrowing.Mild left foraminal narrowing."

Thoracic Spine-
"Known abnormal PET focal uptake along the right medial T3 posterior rib corresponds to lucency on CT image with focal enhancement on MRI likely
representing metastatic focus There is additional focal enhancement involving the left transverse process of T8" (this prob has more to do with the bone metasis)

If anybody has any ideas about the injections let me know-Thanks
jkl626 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote