View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Computers, separation and other things

I am 24 years old, DXed with MS on April 4th, and wanted to ask some more questions lol.

I have played on computers ever since I was a kid, and loved doing so. I hardly did sports, or played outside. I was a loner for the most part. The reason my problems started this year was because of double vision. I was wondering if over the years of playing on computers decreased my vision or something, or is with MS a completely different thing on its on? All my life in all honesty I've separated myself from others because I felt like I didn't belong, and to this day, I still feel that way. Even though I try to get into church groups, they even up failing on the outreach part. They are too busy outside of church to check up on me as I am going through this hard thing, but not so busy to check up on someone else. I've dealt with depression and lonliness all my life basically, and now with MS, I take Rebif as well which through research doesn't help that a lot, but I take Topamax. But I'm going to ask my primary care doctor for maybe something stronger because it doesn't seem to help the blues go away. I don't like going to sporting events, or other events period, I just like staying at home in my room. And that's the honest truth. Sometimes I go to town with my family for supper or lunch. But I've had a lot of friends backstab me, and hurt me, and I even went through my first divorce last year, followed by 2 surgeries a month or so after that. Sometimes I think of the internet as an escape from life, like this forum, it gives me the chance to do something, to express myself. I feel as though as I'm empty inside, and now I'm dxed with MS. But honestly it seems like being Dxed with MS ties up a lot of things that has been wrong with me since I was a kid, for being with my emotions being up and down, depression, tired when I have done a lot-faitgue, spasticity, etc...All of my medical issues in the past has been quick fixes, they find the problem, solve it and Im better within a month at max, but this time it's completely different and now it's been the first entire part of 2013, with no car, no job and being tested, and then officially dxed on April 4th with Relapsing-Remitting MS. Sometimes I get angry and snap at people because I don't understand why isn't there a quick fix, or why aren't there answers to MS like there were with other stuff, and I've just found myself at a place to just accept where I'm at now and move forward. So my major questions are

1- Can somehow using computers over time make you have double vision in future and or lesion on the brain to cause that double vision?

2- How does MS affect the spine by making is slump, or become hump-backed ? For years I've been told to sit up straight, but it's very hard to do so, is it my fault I haven't tried hard enough or is my body fighting against me?

Thanks to all who read and answer
skywalker1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Judy2 (05-01-2013), SallyC (05-01-2013)