View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks everyone. My TSH runs between 4.6 ans 3.5. I had the antibody test for celiac and it was negative and 3 endoscopic biopsys of the villa. But I have had rapid intestinal transit, to put it nicely, on and off all my life. In the past 2 years as the MG came on, it got worse. Food is passing undigested. It stopped the day they put me on mestinon. I only have it once in a while when the MG gets bad. I think I have Chrohns or an autonomic component of one of my autoimmune diseases.

I have not had a scan of my thyroid in years, but I have an endocrinologist appointment next week so I am sure one will be in the works.

I did have a brain MRI to rule out MS, but I m not sure if they looked at the pituitary. I had a cousin who had cancer of the pituitary. I was wondering if I had the autoimmune disease that attacked all the endocrine glands.

40 mg pregnisone is the starter dose. I think they are going to up it to 60mg. He said I would be on it at least 6 months including the weaning process, maybe longer depending on how fast they get a therapeutic dose.

RBC, hemaglobin and hematocrit are all on the low but normal range and have steadily decreased over several years. MCH, MCV and MCHC are dead center normal. My RDW has been consistently high 14.6 - 15.6 for 5 years. That is why I was thinking pernicious anemia with the thyroid. Yes I am easily tired and weak, hard to separate the symptoms from MG. I get the tingling in my feet. I have constant tinnitis. And I get tetany of the toes as well as muscle fascilations.

I do think I have several autoimmune diseases. I was hopping for more aggressive MG treatment before the summer heat. When the MG got bad last summer, I turn on the AC, fans and pack zip lock baggies with ice and put them on my big muscles and drinks tons of ice water. That did help a lot. But I do not want to spend my summer in the recliner again. I went back to work on Monday, two days on, 1 day off, 2 days on. I do not know for how long. I can not imagine managing through that again this summer working fulltime. I work in a "green" building and they have the AC set to 85 degrees.

Thanks for all the help
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote