View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How to reduce symptoms/sound/light

I work as a high school art teacher and I LOVE my job. I need more ideas to help keep my symptoms under control.

I can't get in to an opthomologist til late July. Can I wear particular tinted sunglasses? I already turn off half the lights. Any other eye suggestions?
Noise. I can't make my classes quiet. I teach some loud classes like metal smithing and pottery. Two of my hours are quieter like painting and drawing but the noisy classes fry my brain every day. Any ideas? I have tried foam ear plugs with little success.

I was just wondering if there was anyone that worked in a noisy chaotic place that had work around ideas?

I also have a very difficult time sorting out multiple sounds. For instance, in my jewelry classroom there are forty students, many talking, sawing, filing, drilling, pounding, soldering...asking me questions...not a single discipline problem but my brain just can't seem to handle it all. Any suggestions? I have already modified the class so that the students only pound and make loudest noises the last fifteen minutes.

Su seb
Su seb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote