View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Welcome

Hi Bubba
You and I seem to share similar problems dealing with the pancreas. In 2006 I started having severe epigastric abdominal pain. After gall bladder removal, exploratory surgeries, 5 ERCP procedures to open the sphincter was diagnosed with sphncter of oddi dysfunction.Many times after ERCP I developed pancreatitis which led to hospitalization.
I worked with a few different pain management doctors and ended up using many different pain medications. After years of pain my Dr. suggested Scs. My pain is intermittent so my trial was iffy. It wasn't a bad wk but I felt there was some improvement and was willing to move ahead. The actual implant proved to be challenging to get coverage in my epigastric area. Both the rep and doctors took a long time to make sure I got coverage where needed.
The one rep who was there for implant has been the most helpful when tweeking my settings.
I am coming up on 2 years from implant. I still have periods of level 8/9 pain but with the stimulator it brings it down to about a 4/5. along with use of some pain meds, but I am no where near the Med level two years ago the stim is on 24/7.
Good luck
Sandy Kay
Sandy Kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-02-2013), Mark56 (05-05-2013)