View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava1222 View Post
I am 3 weeks post-op from a first rib resection and now doing pretty well, but still on oxycodone, although significantly lower dosages then the first couple weeks. The first 2 weeks were a bit tough for me in terms of post-operative pain and to be honest with you I had to be re-admitted once for another few days for IV pain control. I am a registered nurse in a busy Boston ER so I probably will not be able to go back to work for another month or so, which is right on target per my surgeon. If I had a less physical job, I could foresee going back sooner.

Best, Lisa

Thanks for the feedback. previous extensive surgeries (non-rib related), we found out, narcotics don't work for me. the strongest meds they could prescribe is hydromorphone, and being allergic to NSAIDS is the other issue (in terms of inflammation). I will just have to find out, tomorrow's my 5 HOUR (pre-op assessment - not looking forward to having to take the day off work). i'm just hoping something can sorted out. Thank you again for the feedback. It's very helpful to know what I should somewhat expect.
Toronto,Canada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote