Thread: Myelitis vs MS
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Myelitis vs MS

Well I posted a few weeks ago that my neurosurgeon thought I might have MS. I had optic nerve damage. Vision is corrected 20/40, still have flashes, peripheral field screen test was awful, and that was the optic test. My neuro/muscular symptoms are weakness of hands and feet, tingling, numbness, clumsiness, and the inability to walk. I had a seizure last Tuesday and spent 3 days in the hospital. They did a cat scan (no lesions, tumor, etc.),and an EEG. It showed some spikes. However at night my bp and heart rate would drop really low. I saw a new neuro. My other one skipped town. No lie. Not the surgeon, just the regular one. Soooo, where I stand right now: I had a drowsy EEG, waiting on results, blood tests to rule out vit deficiencies also waiting. If those are normal, I have an LP/myelogram lined up. Then nerve studies if necessary. I have RSD so that's only if needed. I can't have MRIs so we have to dx in different ways. The dr told me her suspicion is myelitis or MS due to severe foot drops (mainly right), neuro testing, and optical findings. My ? Is what's the difference? They seem similar. Will it get worse while waiting? I'm also trying to get a wheelchair. I can't get from my bed to bathroom without a fall. Is this common? I'm sorry to ask so many questions. I'm so confused. I figured my RSD meds would calm ms symptoms due to them being close diseases. Last but not least, they cold turkey pulled me off my antidepressant so that's made a hard week also. I'm just at a loss. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm a control freak, and rsd took that so this knocked me loopy too!

TK
tkayewade is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nospam (08-12-2013), SallyC (05-02-2013), tkrik (05-04-2013)