View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:24 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT!

Many of the symptoms you are experiencing can be related to MS but also could be related to many other things as well. MS is such a funny disease as it effects each of us differently and yet the same. For some, an MS diagnosis can take a long time and for others it doesn't take long at all. Be persistent in pursuing a diagnosis, whether it is MS or not. Something is happening to you and need to find out what and come up with a treatment plan.

I am sorry to hear your dr. is not being very supportive. I think in general drs. see a young person with complaints and don't take them seriously. When you go to the dr. do you take someone with you like your mom or dad? Sometimes having another person in the room to support what you are saying helps quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousiki94 View Post
Frequently, I find myself 'absent' so to speak, like I can be doing something, then suddenly 'jump' to alertness to find I've been sitting there staring for the past 10 minutes, can't remember exactly what I was doing except staring.
This statement made me think of a seizure. I've had this happen and I believe others on here have as well. Absence seizures are exactly as you described. Seizures can cause some of the other symptoms you are experiencing. After these episodes do you get really tired and/or have a headache or anything?

Please keep pursuing a diagnosis and let us know how you are doing. In the meantime, ask any questions you would like as someone will always come along and have some great ideas, advice/suggestions, and support.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote