View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 04:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

marybrown5057
You have been fighting this thing for quite some time. 2009. Sorry to say, there is really no cut-n-dry answer or drug therapy. There are many drugs, but they seem to be different for each person. As far as 'really working,' they help but not completely. The only drug that has shown a glimmer of hope is Ketamine. Even that though does not work for everybody. There are some people that have achieved remission. I believe that is largely attributed to a combination of therapies including much physical therapy. The key though seems to be catching the CRPS/RSD in its early stages. What has your pain management Doctor prescribed for you?

I hope you find relief from your pain soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybrown5057@yahoo View Post
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and RSD, my pain is constant. I am seeing a pain management doctor as well as an orthopedic and neurologist. I got hurt on my job in 2009 and has had multiple surgeries on my knees. Resulting in a total knee replacement on one side with possibilities on the same on the other side. After surgery did I develop the RSD. I am on pain meds but that doesn't work very well along with my other meds for the condition. Can anyone give me some advise on what really works for these conditions?
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-02-2013)