View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 02:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Justice,

I, too, had problems with the L.D.S.... I was moved to Idaho from L.A. as a teen, which turned out to be a very bad idea, to say the least. I am NOT saying all mormons are bad, nothing of the kind! They are usually much better parents than my own father ever was... I was rather jealous of their "family home evenings", truth be told. If I had been in a different area, I could have had issues with another religion, or with a gang, whatever. Any time one group has a majority hold over an area, the "outsiders" will always lose, sometimes in a dramatic fashion. If you are unlucky enough to be a part of the group, yet not believe as they all do, it can be even worse.

I can only speak for myself, but when I use the phrase "God never gives you more than you can handle", I do NOT mean He purposely put you in whatever awful situation you find yourself in. I think of Him in more of a parental role... you can't always stop the bad things from happening to your children, but you can certainly help them through the aftermath! When you see your child reaching their limit, it's time to step in and ease the burden.

I am a very strong woman, but I have my limits, lol. When I find myself crying, weak and needy, I don't turn to another human being. I talk to my God. I don't even believe He changes the situation... I feel He gives you more strength to deal with it.

Religion will always be a touchy subject for everyone. For some reason, we humans are incapable of accepting others as they are. We feel our way of thinking/being is better, and we can't seem to stop ourselves from trying to convince everyone else to see things our way. IMHO, all that does is drive the different factions farther apart.

Spirituality is a totally different story. When we discuss it, instead of speaking of religion, we tend to find a LOT more common ground.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote