View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 02:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Brian,
I don't know enough, either - Im no scientist, but I'm an old salt.
Sailed for years. Sailed sloops and yawls. From 25 to 50 feet. Marconi rig, Fractured rig, single & double headsail, aft cockpits, center cockpits. Sailed the Irish Sea, sailed the Atlantic coast, sailed the Chesapeake Bay (my home waters) -but I don't sail anymore. Afraid I'd fall overboard cause my balance is all screwed up. Miss it, terribly.
But I do know that as a sailor, I'd watch the barometer for changing weather. Drops in millibars always made my feet hurt. Drops in millibars means there's a change coming, a front is moving in..... I'd watch out for changing weather- anything from a summer thunderstorm to something BIG! (Big drop-FAST!)
My feet stared telling me of barometer changes almost before the
barometer did. I'd check the barometer if my feet started aching in a special way.
Sometimes it meant nothing (PN is screwy that way), but it was
an even 50/50 shot that there was a change on the way.
That's all I can say.
Barometer rising, means fair weather (It says so, right on the instrument. Gives you a section for ....fair, change, & foul weather.........right on the dial.)
I was used to an almost unconscious habit of checking the chrono,
the barometer, and my compass headings- all the time - a habit.
I've made an analogy, for me. I'm just passing it along.
I don't need to check the barometer anymore, my feet tell me
if there's gonna be a change in the weather.
Get yourself an inexpensive (not cheap) wall barometer (not a digital) for your house, and see if it affects you the same way.......... It might.

(BTW - Travel by airplane doesn't seem to help my feet,
it makes them worse!)
Bob, we have got one of those long wall clocks that has a Barometer underneath the clock itself, iv'e never really payed much attention to it, but i can see now how usefull this instrument would be to a person that travels the seas.
I won't be able to do any tests with the barometer, because i don't get any PN symptoms anymore, only once in a blue moon i might get a very, very slight burn, thats all, thank god.
I am intrigued with earth's natural forces as i am with how magnetic fields can reduce severe pain [when used properly] i really do think the scientist's haven't even touched first base yet on a lot of this type of stuff yet.
I hope one day you will be able to sail again.
all the best
Brian

Last edited by Brian; 05-11-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote