View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Many of us have discovered that Anxialitic drugs (Valium/Diazapam, Ativan/Lorazepam, etc) are more effective than muscle relaxants for many of TOS sufferers for muscle tension (although long term use is not recommended by most physicians). We have also found Magnesium to help with muscle tension.

My wife has used the Suntheanine (L-theanine) supplement in the past for anxiety. She found a drink called Just Chill that contains Suntheanine, Magnezium, and other vitamins (and tastes good to me).

Dr. Oz Show introduces the nation to relaxation drinks
http://drinkjustchill.com/

Mission Hospital had me stop taking supplements prior to my surgery 4 weeks ago and I've had trouble sleeping through the night ever since (despite taking Percocet, Valium, Neurontin, and Pamelor). I've resumed drinking a Just Chill before bed, and I've been getting a full night of sleep once again.

Hopefully, this post can help some of you that have trouble relaxing/sleeping.
I just started taking one of the anxiety drugs and it seems to help better than the muscle relaxor. I think it is called Buspar. It does not really diminish the pain but keeps me calmer when dealing with it. It does not have the side effects the MR gives which for me was depression and more brain fogging.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jkl626 (05-03-2013)