View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerchef View Post
I have been on Gabapentin 300mg 3 to 4 times a day now for about 3 years. My neck is shot! But these past couple months I finally pin pointed why so much more pain. It happens agter I have anything with sugar or flour, or both! Could be ice tea if sweet, pastry, plain bread [which I make].
Wondering of anyone else has had such aspect?
I find it very strange but there has to be a reason.
Thanks. Beemerchef
I have had many food and chemical sensitivities over the years and have read a lot about them. The symptoms of sensitivities vary widely - two people who are sensitive to a food (for example, corn) might have very different symptoms though the cause is the same (one might get sleepy, another person might feel pain). This makes it hard for most medical doctors to accept since they are trained to accept only things research can duplicate.

So I think it entirely possibly that your pain could be affected by what you eat. Pay attention and you may find even more things that affect your pain levels. (Reactions can occur hours, even a day or two later, so a food journal that lists what you eat when can help find patterns.)