Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastas View Post
Thank you all so much. My dr. mentioned the benadryl and tylenol. Still have not gotten the call to schedule it. They will come to my house and do it. I am somewhat concerned about my children witnessing this. Do you just sit still the entire time, or can you move around, etc. It is hard for me to understand exactly what will happen. Appreciate the tip on water, the doctor did not mention that info. Guess they will tell me more when the treatment is actually scheduled. Hoping to start next week
Many Neurologists have a lab within their practice, or refer you to their hospital's Infusion Center. I decided to opt for the hospital Infusion Center for my five day run, and I'm glad that I did. First, while I have great veins, it took them 4-5 sticks each time to get the IV in, and they had their expert RN do it. Had a regular nurse been assigned to my home, I'm not certain he/she would have been able to stick me properly. Then, I did have nasseau, as well as very strong headaches, in spite of the fact that I was pre-medicated, and had super hydrated myself two days leading up to the treatments. Thus, I would recommend you CONSIDERING not doing it at home this first run; but, it's the choice for you and your doctor to make. Another precaution, I would recommend, is that your Neuro instruct whomever what pump pressures he'd like you to be infused at. Some start slow, and ramp up the pressure throughout the infusion, while some others, simply set it at whatever pressure they want, and let it go. The goal is to insure you don't have side effects, and too high of pressures can definitly do that to you.
wgreen19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mastas (05-03-2013)