Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 03:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastas View Post
thanks...This is really my only option. The nurse comes to my house and does it. She/he will stay with me the entire time. Thanks for the heads up on the pump pressure. How long did your headache and nausea last after each treatment???
Keep in mind, the lower the pump pressures, the longer the Infusion takes. What this can also mean, is that the person administering might want it to go faster for their benifit, not necessarily yours. This is why I recommend that the doctor tells them what pump pressures, so that there's no question. Higher pump pressures alone can cause headaches. I had nasseau and headaches for about four days, but in part because of my doctor not writing a prescription that he was supposed to have written for me. But, IVIG headaches are not entirely unusual, or are 'flu like' symptoms. However, feeling almost normal for a few days is certainly worth it! After my first five days, it took about 10 days before I noted any improvement; and that improvement lasted for about three days. The next month, I had IVIG for two consecutive days, and I had improved symptoms for about six days. Now, my new Neurologist is advising me that I'm at high risk with IVIG, because I've previously had a heart attack, and there have been studies of people having heart attacks within two weeks of having IVIG treatments.
wgreen19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (05-03-2013)