View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Off Neuro question

I am sorry if I have to throw this off neuro question here, I just don't know who to ask to -- my pulmo and my primary care physician are both on vacation.

I got my recent chest cat scan result but I had to go back to the radiologist to check if there are any indication of abnormality in my diaphragm and if I show any sign of Pectous deformity. The Office Manager of the facility where I had my cat scan came back to me saying that according to the radiologist i have "elevated right hemidiaphragm" and "Pectous deformity". I asked why these findings were not included in my written report and came back to me with this reply: "these are not abnormal findings but anatomic variations thats why i did include in my report".
My question is -- what exactly does it mean by this statement? From a layman's point of view anything that is not in its normal is abnormal. I want to get some inputs before I talk with the radiologist so at least I won't get lost in the discussion. Normally, if I don't have an understanding of the topic, I cannot ask questions and only later on when the discussion is over, when i have some time to research on it, that I think of some questions.

I hope that anybody reading this post who has knowledge of understanding the difference between abnormal findings and anatomic variations would share his/her thoughts about it.

Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote