Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 02:36 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Welcome! Where in MN are you (in general)? Literally up north? I might be able to lead you in the right direction, okay? I honestly only know neuros in the Twin Cities area. Well, and Mayo too.

"Wait and see" is part of a BS algorithm that has nothing to do with the validity of your symptoms. MG is a clinical diagnosis that is backed up with tests! If you clinically present like you have MG, they can do a Tensilon test or a Single Fiber EMG. Doctors shouldn't just stop doctoring simply because a test is borderline or negative. You need help.

Do you mind saying what lab your blood was sent to for those antibody results? Borderline or negative results are not an excuse to not make a diagnosis.

You get a LOT of infections. Did anyone bother to test your IgG levels? There are 4 subclasses of IgG and a deficiency in them can cause the antibody test to be a false negative. A deficiency can also cause you to be more susceptible to infections.

If the labs were not sent to Mayo, I highly suggest they are redone and sent there.

Don't be shy about getting to the ER, like Abby said. If you do have MG, it can be dangerous if you aren't given sufficient treatment.

It's not that hot in MN yet. In fact, it still looks like winter. But when it does get hotter, you have to be very careful! Heat can make MG much worse.

Let us know how you're doing. It is not fun to be undiagnosed!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
feelyupnorth (05-06-2013)