View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybristol View Post
hello, I just stumbled on this site and found it extremely helpful! I had my first seizure about a year ago, And it left me in a dejavu, dreamy state for a week or so.. I suffered severe back and rib pain for almost three months. Then, just two weeks ago I had a second seizure. I don't remember anything during these episodes, I just find myself confused and sore. Both were in the middle of the night, while sleeping. Then, in the wee hours this morning, again during sleep, I has my third seizure. My husband
called 911 Andy I don't even remember them being here. When I came out of it I didn't even know my name for a few minutes. It took about ten or fifteen to figure out what day and time it was, and that I had to work. I feel better now, except back and rib pain, but I am thankful for all the helpful posts here. I just stopped menstruating in January, so I'm hoping these are due to menopause. I was beat up badly a few years ago and sure hope I didn't sustain serious head injuries. another cause I have been hearing is stopping drinking alcohol, which I recently did. Hmmm? Anymore good advice out there. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.
Thanks everyone and have a nice day!
Hi Jenny,
Welcome to the forum! You might want to look into having a sleep study done. I had one done a couple of weeks ago and the Dr. found I was having sz. in my sleep but I never realized it.
When I woman goes through her change it can sometimes increase or decrease the sz. it all depends on the area of the brain that's triggering the sz. I know if it's in the temporal lobe than there's a possibility that the sz. can increase do to hormonal changes.
I don't mean to be rude but alcohol can also cause epilepsy if a person has drank for to many years because it will destroy the brain cells. Also when a person stops drinking they can go through an alcohol withdraw that will sometimes trigger sz. Of course any type of abuse physical or emotional can surely trigger sz.
My advice to you is to see a Epileptologist and have some tests done to find out what's causing your sz. The Epileptologist can also help you with your back. I have 2 herniated discs and I found walking one of the best things to help my back. I also take vitamin B12 which calms the nerves so it reduces my sz. and also helps my back pain. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote