View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think you'll have to ask your doctor.

Some variations in anatomy, cause problems. I have one of the GI tract. I have malrotation 90 degrees of my whole GI tract rotated so that my appendix is on the left instead of the right. This was discovered when I had an obstruction in my mid 20's. But when I had the same X-rays in college, they didn't tell me at all I had this! Just gave me antispasmotic pills for the twisting times! So I got into a small bowel obstruction later, and THEN my doctor explained it all to me. Not everyone with malrotation has the symptoms I have...but some of us do.
Mrs.D,
Thank you very much for your reply.
This was exactly what the radiologist said, he did not include it in the report because its not an abnormal findings, its anatomical variations. I am always short of breath. If this radiologist thinks its not worth reporting, his predecessor reported the Pectous deformity when I had an X-ray 2 yrs ago. Isn't it the norm to include in the report whatever is seen in the imaging, including the anatomical variations whether these cause symptoms or not?

I will discuss it with the doctor but you know how some doctors downplay findings that appear harmless but may cause harm down the road.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote