View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think they downplay it for 2 reasons:

1) people are highly suggestible

2) they don't really know what each person is going to experience with the problem.

I found a book about my issues at the U of Mich medical library.
It was 90 pgs long. And it was from Toronto Canada. The gist of it was that some people with malrotation have lifelong problems/symptoms (like me), and others never do. This book had a surgeon's opinion of how to fix some of it. But I have been told by 3 doctors, including one recent radiologist graduate, that my problem is not fixable. So there.

Sometimes there are no answers.
In my case Mrs. D, the anatomical variations can both cause the symptom of SOB. I read that elevated right hemidiaphragm can either be caused by lung abscess/infection or nerve problems or hepatic dysfunction. I think this variation is important in my diagnosis of MAC and neuropathy. As to Pectous deformity, it may explain some of my SOB.

It may have been okay, if the symptom I am complaining about is not a direct symptom of these variations. I just wish this radiologist could have mentioned them in the result. If at all, nothing can be done about it, at least I know and my pulmo knows about it too so these variations would be in the parameters for consideration in my management.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-04-2013)