Thread: Metanx
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Sounds okay to me. To get neuropathy from B6 you would have to consume 500mg a day or MORE (most of the studies had much more than 500mg a day) for a LONG time ....It is not really that common.

Why doctors fixate on this B6 issue, when statins and fluorquinolone antibiotics are right under their noses and pens, doing far more damage every day, is beyond me .

After thinking about my quote above with the LONG ingredient list for the new improved Metanx capsules... I've had an idea.

All that LONG list of other nutrients...would make it very hard to make a generic...since generics have to be identical to be AB rated. On the downside for patients, making a capsule is more expensive than a tablet, so the patient will end up paying more for the added ingredients and capsule formulation.
It's money, money and more money... It's sad but its the way life is. Take us, MAC patients, big pharmaceuticals don't invest on new medicines to fight this bacteria because, they think their market is not that big meantime, we have not much options but to take the current available medications that even doctors admit that "side effects are worse than the disease". Tsk! Tsk!
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-04-2013)