Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Making a Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by takinxanax View Post
I've recently come to terms with the fact that my husband of 20 years has always had effects from an old TBI. It has been a frustrating marriage! I feel like I wasted my life. When I think about leaving I feel so much grief but I don't know what else to do because it's not a happy situation. We didn't have children and we are kind of isolated because all he wants to do is go to work-which I'm grateful he can still do. Please don't tell me to take care of myself or join clubs. Been there..done that. I am talking about the searing grief of being 56 and feeling alone and wondering if it's too late to have a good life. Can't really make a move until grief is a little better under control, you know, not so overwhelming.
My Mom-in-Law.... thus you know how much I love her dearly.... "made the move" at about your age now so many years back. Having done it, she blossomed in joy with one whom she wed and it was as if she was reborn. She and he came to hold very very special place in my heart as my "parents" and he even came to refer to me as his child, such was our love.

Mom and Grandpa F knew twenty years of bliss together until he went to be with the Lord about ten years back. Yeah, Mom is pretty far along in years now, and she looks with great fondness at the time she had in the GOOD LIFE she came to know.

Blessings on you,
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-30-2015), eva5667faliure (05-04-2013), ginnie (05-08-2013), mg neck prob (05-09-2013), PamelaJune (05-24-2014), takinxanax (05-08-2013)