Thread: Life
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Find a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist CBT specialized in Chronic Pain. Anxiety is the same part of the brain that deals with the intensity of pain. The Bipolar is very heavily related the back pain and MP. Not the actual injury but how much it is hurting you. The brain actually rewires to be more sensitive to pain as well. Nerve block from MP is right at top of the hip bone just under the skin. If a injection of Lidocaine in the same place did not almost immediately relieve the pain to light touch, it is probably not MP.

Good luck! the calmer you can keep yourself with relaxing, meditation, swimming, yoga, tai-chi, etc.. the less the pain will hurt you. Mindfulness Meditation can actually teach you to acknowledge the pain, but observe it like it was a third party. Knowledge is a big part of the game

Rob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfl101 View Post
Hi

I recently was in physical therapy for back pain and I kept on having pain in my groin from doing exercises eventually after stopping and starting over again, it turned that I developed Meralgia Paresthetica.

That was on 6-11-12, on 7-12-12 I had a nerve block done with little success.

On the same day I had an Epidural done because I had complained of having back pain, three hours after the epidural I had tingling pain in my toes and feet and since I'm in pain.

I have Bipolar Disorder and I'm feeling overwhelmed by all of this.

Does ANYBODY have a suggestion on how to proceed?
rMuD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote