View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi gaz.. I was on a similar dosages, but I was also taught how to control how much pain hurt me by working with a CBT. Anxiety and Pain intensity are the same, and being able to control them makes all the difference. Now saying that!

the LFCN is a nerve that only deals with light touch of your outer thigh. and there is not much else around it. So there is good success with release surgery I hear. They ended up cutting the nerve on me because there was just too much scar tissue for the nerve to get back to normal function, There is not muscle issues, and I do not even feel like they cut it.

With your other surgeries, it may have caused the MP, and your problem might be higher up in the back. I guess that is all up to how much relief you get from lidocaine/steroid injections in the waist line.

Since the surgery I have lost 40lbs, my standing tolerance is well over 4-5 hours vs 5-10 minutes. I use to gauge my standing by 1 Hour = 1 Day of recovery. The diagnosing doctor wanted me to have bariatric surgery to lose weight to take pressure off the nerve... I decided that was dumb, weight didn't cause my condition in the first place, and trying to exercise with MP is hell. So I chose to go with Nerve Release or excising instead of Bariatric. Plus is it hell of a lot less intrusive and permanent change to my body. 1" scar on my hip. I was out camping 2 weeks after surgery, though I was with 2 ER Nurses while camping that took care of my incision

Some days I swear they lied about cutting the nerve, it really does not feel like there is nothing there... Feel your leg after a lidocaine injection, that is what it would feel like if they cut the nerve.

This is the guy that did mine, brain surgeon. He might have moved from the Cleveland Clinic to Ohio State University.
http://neurosurgery.osu.edu/faculty_...aonkar_milind/

Good luck, I've been there! do not miss it at all!!!

Rob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz.p View Post
Hi, I am new on here and came across this site while trying to find info related to MP.
I have suffered from this condition for about 6 years getting worse over time and has been terrible for last two year's. I have had back problems for around 8 years with two surgeries on prolapse discs and always thought my burning stabbing pains in my thigh were due to my back complaint but was diagnosed with MP about one year ago. I have tried both gabapentin and pregablin with limited relief and am currently taking 600mg pregablin, 1000mg naproxen, 600mg palexia daily which I understand to be a lot, however I still have severe pain. Only way I know meds are doing anything is that pain is worse without them. I dont have any real side affects from meds but dont want to take them forever. Neurologist has reccomended surgery but after two back surgery which have only given partial relief and have left me physically weaker I have reservations about further surgery. None of the health professionals I have seen have been healthful nor sympatheticwhich is fustating. I am only 35 and would like to get back to an active lfestyle with less pain. Any advice anyone can give me, espicailly regarding surgery, would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks for reading and my sympathies to anyone suffering this horrible ailment
rMuD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote