View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Just a very important FYI ......our guidelines and terms of use strictly prohibit research for publication etc to be conducted on posts here, or to solicit members for research.

It is a fine line and so a member interested in researching information to help themselves or others is ok...but providing information to an "official" researcher or for a physician to use for publication would be a violation of our terms of use/ guidelines as well as a possible breach of copyright here....

I mention this as the discussion has gone from one where it was a member expressing personal interest based on something their physician may have mentioned to now taking a bit more of a formal research turn, which is not allowed. This is not to inhibit new research but to maintain the mission statement of these forums, where members should feel safe to discuss their health issues without concern that their info is going to be used without their permission etc etc. The ramifications of formal research go beyond the scope of what I can post here...and so I do caution members not to cross that line please.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-04-2013)