View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Cody,

What vitamins have you been tested on?

I would assume that long years of vitamin E deficient or any vitamin for that matter will affect your nerves.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc View Post
I have had PN for over 15 years. Cause is unknown, but other family members have had it. I have been able to keep mine limited to my feet and toes through healthy eating, supplements (R-Lipoic, ALC etc.) and exercise. Over the years have been checked for various deficiencies such as Vitamin B, but my levels were always good.

Last year I had an extensive test done to check for other Vitamin deficiencies because I was having some other health problems. One deficiency found was Vitamin E. A month ago I started taking Now Foods, Advanced Gamma E Complex (tried other Vitamin E types previously, but they didn't show results) and my PN has significantly improved over the past month. It is the only real change that I have made in my healthy habits.

We will see if improvements continue, but I am encouraged. My feet feel better than they have in 15 years.

I have read up and Vitamin E deficiency can be one cause of idiopathic neuropathy.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote