View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Duffer View Post
Hi SFNgirl... thanks for joining in. Good luck with your new RX, and please let us know how your doing with Lyrica.
Hi all, I will keep you posted on how I do with the lyrica. My neurologist explained that neurontin and lyrica are sister drugs but for some reason some people do better with one than the other, and people generally have said they feel less sedated on lyrica. I don't know but figured it was worth a try. And I am now getting organized about all of the good suggestions here about supplements and creams, also starting at a new gym with a trainer Monday, hoping some balance of exercise, nutritional focus, lyrica, and Tramadol will give some relief. Tramadol really is the one thing that seems to take a little edge off, and I am very aware quickly by the pain level when I skip or forget for a few hours.

As for ivig question, I have not discussed it with my doc, but I was given high dose steroid infusions for 2 months, with no success. My neuro's theory was that this SFN is likely caused by autoimmune, and hoped the steroids would stop the immune system attack and wipe out the SFN. He seems to still be looking for autoimmune but has not mentioned other treatments like ivig. I think some do get relief from steroid treatments.
SFNgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote