Thread: Recurrence
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Recurrence

Fellow TOS sufferers,

I am just past 6 months and the pain has returned to my scapula after coming back in my neck at month 3 and my shoulder at month 4 or so. I hurt every bit as much as I did before surgery. This is so hard to take because I was pain free for the most part in the first 2 1/2 months except when I did too much. To make matters much worse this has thrown me into a serious state of depression. I have been taking Wellbutrin for this for years but it seems to have quit working even though I have gone up in dose.

I know there is surgery for recurrence and nospam is currently down this road. I don't know if my family can go through that and they do not understand recurrence anyway. I know how well I felt the first three months and if that can be attained again I would be willing to do it. Perhaps starting physical therapy faster would prevent scarring again if that is the cause. As some of you know I experienced a blood clot in the lung 12 days after the initial surgery so I was not able to get into PT until a month after surgery.

This has really knocked me down. I know some of you can relate. Any words of encouragement or wisdom?
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote