Thread: Recurrence
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My wife is a psychiatrist and I have been adamant with her that my depression is because of the chronic pain and not because I am truly clinically depressed. I have refused to take anything for clinical depression. The only antidepressant I take is low dose Pamelor for pain, not depression. Cymbalta worked even better, but I had some side effects and had to discontinue it. Thread: Advice on Nerve Meds

IMO, pain management is very important. My pain management doc agreed. I had became tolerant to hydrocodone (Norco/Vicodin) so we had to find drug therapy that worked, which for me is Valium, Neurontin (doubled dosing), Pamelor, and Percocet/oxycodone (to replace hydrocodone). The pain relief gave me the strength to face the recurrence and re-surgery. I also found that the TOS pain seems to lead to rotator cuff bursitis/tendonitis. Icing 2-3 times a day has greatly reduced shoulder pain.

http://www.sportchalet.com/product/301262_207r.do

brmr19 is another member who has had re-surgery for recurrence. Thread: home from the hospital

My personal theory is that the rib resection surgery is traumatic and surgeons need to be honest that re-surgery for recurrence down the road is a possibility. The re-surgery and recovery has been much easier for me this second go-around.

Thread: Scar Tissue and Adhesions Post-Surgery

I am feeling better day over day, but I really fear tapering down the meds although I know long term use of Valium and Percocet are not advised.

ACDF C5-C6-C7 2/28/11

nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote